Friday, May 11, 2018

The Difference Between Attached and Committed

"I am by nature a dealer in words. Words are the most powerful drug known to Humanity" - R Kipling


I have been exploring the distinctions between the world of Attached and the world of Committed When I say world I literally mean what if feels like to be me inside of it as a living experience. Words have such power and each word has a vibration and a whole experience within it. Try it on for yourself. Say a word out loud and see how it feels. You may need some time to develop some sensitivity, since this is a different way of listening which requires more awareness then we usually use.

I used to think how attachment meant how much I cared about someone or something. Through my exploration and inquiry, I now realize that there is much suffering and expectation connected within the world of attachment. What would it feel like to still be engaged but not attached? Is this what commitment feels like?

Recently, I was organizing an event, a play afternoon for Adults...and the closer it came to the event date, the more angry and pressure I felt. As I looked, I noticed that I had some attachment to how many people were coming, what I would do with them once they arrived and who was going to do what and so on...

As soon as I let go and gave up my agenda of how I wanted things to go, I felt more relaxed inside. The pressure left and I felt a spaciousness inside of me where I began to feel some excitement again. It felt mysterious.. and with this feeling, there is a sense of trusting something bigger than me to take over... That my intention for the event it to show up and have fun... and whoever comes will be perfect and we will get to know each other, have authentic conversations and co-create art and music.

The more unattached I became, the more at peace I felt. Here is a list of the two worlds.

The World of Attached. 

Emotional Reaction
Pressure
Fear
Anxious
Selfish
Closed
Results
Blocked
Disappointed
Personal
Disempowered
Obsession
Frustration
Stopped
Determination
Manipulation
Pushy
Embarrassed
Owe Something
Failure
Inadequate
Insistent
Talk to much
Victim
Distant
Ungrateful
Force
Desperation
Drama
Not present
Angry
One side
Confusion


The World of Committed 
Flow
Love
Acceptance
Accountability
Opportunity
Creativity
Playfulness
Open
Organic
Clarity
Ease
Power
Healing
Authentic
Genuine
Connection
Choice
Teamwork
Leadership
Empathy
Community
Compassion
Completion
Communication
Inspiration
Possibility
Unattached
Empowerment
Purpose
Self Expressed
Present

What world do you live inside of?

Are you committed or attached?

Neither of the worlds are wrong... just start noticing how you feel inside and how that effects your relationships and conversations.

I am committed to Play, Exploration, Self Expression and LOVE!

ENOY THE JOURNEY!  - Lucia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment